Best airplay speaker by miles. The mu-so is a superb sound. The clarity across the frequencies is hi-fi quality – obviously assuming the source audio file is also lossless – it plays mp3s nicely but cannot make up for lack of detail in the file itself. It’s a large and heavy item but when we listened to the b&w top airplay speaker in the same demo there really was no comparison – the mu-so is streaks ahead. Shame it’s not available elsewhere or on amazon – we had to get to trafford centre as its seems to be sold exclusively through john lewis – other than seller listed here. Listened to b&o big play9(?) disk speaker which had better spatial sound and near matched the mu-so for clarity but at twice the price and being the size of a piece of furniture for floor or wall the mu-so beat it hands down.
I treated myself to this when i resigned from my old job and with three months gardening leave, i had time to play every great track i could find through this bad boy. This is hands down the most impressive speaker i have ever bought. The sound quality is amazing. Yes it’s bloody expensive but you get what you pay for i’m afraid. It looks very stylish, simple, no tacky gimmicks, very naim, clean and classy. Everyone who sees this just falls in love with it, you will too, as i have. Naim is undisputed the best audio brand out there. Do not waste your time with the equivalent b&o machine, doesn’t even come close.
I’ve been hunting for a sound bar for a while, considered sonos but settled on this beautifully designed music system (it’s much more than a speaker). It’s very easy to set up, looks and sounds gorgeous. It makes the most of spotify premium with rich, room filling sound – a great way to discover & rediscover whatever your musical taste. Also excellent with itunes on my ipad & mac, & my synology nas drive. I’m also using it as a soundbar with my tv via the optical cable & apple tv which works brilliant a especially with hd films. The internet radio is excellent & loads quickly, unlike many others. The remote is ok but the naim app is so convenient that you don’t really need it. The large backlight dial i& glass base are striking and the overall impression is so classy i can feel the value of my home going up as i write. Its an investment piece but well worth it.
Wow what a fantastic piece of kit. Looks lush sound is warm and kicks arse when cranked up. It’s won countless audio awards.
- Absolute Pure Brilliance
- Not perfect, not a separates replacement, but pretty much in a field of its own
- best AirPlay speaker by miles
- There are no words. Sounds amazing!
- Let the Muso play!
- Top notch music system
Naim Mu-So Wireless Music System.
- Mu-so is Naim’s first wireless music system. Finely tuned by their specialist engineers in England, its powerful audio brain delivers the most exceptional quality in sound, commanding 450 watts of power through six custom-designed speakers to create an experience of music that has to be heard to be believed.
- Its advanced yet simple to use connectivity includes AirPlay, UPnPTM streaming, Spotify Connect, Bluetooth (aptX), iRadio, iOS and Android app control and multiroom capability.
- At its heart sits an active arrangement of amplifiers inspired by the technology Naim developed to create the ultimate audio system for Bentley motors.
- Six 75 watt digital amplifiers, one for each of the six custom-designed speaker drivers, deliver a total of 450 watts of power and a carefully designed porting system moves large volumes of air with low turbulence for serious bass kick from a small cabinet.
- Mu-so features a 32-bit digital signal processor capable of millions of calculations per second. It’s the audio brain of the system, running software fine-tuned by our engineers in the listening room to extract every last drop of performance from your music.
I can concur that this is a very good sounding system and is beautifully designed. I can concur that this is a very good sounding system and is beautifully designed. I bought mine as a second system but i could live with it as my main system. Naim has its own streaming radio station at 320kb/s which brings out the best in the mu-so, keep the music source at this level and you won’t be disappointed. My mu-so sounded better after a couple of days continuous use which is normal on top quality hifi.
First off this thing ain’t cheap. I deliberated for ages (well since last october) whether to buy one of these. Initial listening in a busy john lewis weren’t to promising. Anyhow i now own one, and here’s what i think. It’s very well put together. 6 speakers all powered independently by 6 amplifiers. So out of the box – logged onto spotify and selected diamonds from rhinnana. And here’s the big but, when the josef salvat version kicked in (who. Take well recorded music to a much higher level. There’s bucket loads of rhythmn and fluidity in abundance. Chose your location wisely and you will be in for a treat.
This system has completely exceeded my expectations – i thought i was buying a superior sound bar for casual listening in my kitchen / dining room. Instead i’ve become addicted to the pace, rhythm , timing and above all, sheer musicality of the mu-so and now spend much more time listening to it than to my main audio set-up. Sound quality is better than i expected from low bit rate sources and it improves with increasing source bit rate. I’d recommend ripping your cds to wav files using something like eac for storage on usb (solid state drives are still pretty expensive at the moment). You really can hear the improvement that 24 bit 96 khz audio files give – an added spaciousness with a natural texture / solidity to the tone quality. Some tips on maximising sound quality from the mu-so i’ve discovered with some experimentation -removing the speaker grill avoids a muffled, shut-in sound quality, especially with high definition music. Note, however this detracts from the mu-so’s film star looks – i tend to put the grill back on after a listening session (this also protects the cones). Replacing the supplied power cable with a high quality iec one significantly improves bass clarity, overall transparency and also removes a harshness that is otherwise apparent at high volumes (you’ll also need a figure 8 cable – iec adaptor). Some words of warning –the mu-so is terrible at playing background music – it’s always trying to get your attention and i’ve pretty much given up trying to concentrate hard on anything else whilst it is playing.