I bought these to use as desktop speakers for a pc. They’re active (inbuilt amp) which kept the cable clutter down (i run an optical cable from pc to them. )they sound fun, with decent bass for their size. They are bookshelf speakers so don’t expect to get super low but music is entertaining to listen to, and you can drop a point or two in the inbuilt treble & bass adjustment if you like. The auto-power on works great for the pc, which can now be used as a spotify player and remote controlled from my phone. There is a quiet high-pitched whine for a few seconds when they power up, but they don’t auto-power down so quickly that it’s a problem. Lots of inputs on the back and they have a sub pre-out if you want to pad out the bass. They look fantastic, mine are plain white but plenty of other colours available.
Sound is top notch for the size and price, connectivity options are great, too. This is a very capable pc speaker system with a very rich sound. The basses are not over exaggerated which, in my opinion, is a great thing.
- Compact yet good sound
- Sound is top notch for the size and price.
Kanto YU4 Powered Speakers with Bluetooth® and Phono Preamp – Bamboo
- 4″ Kevlar drivers and 1″ silk dome tweeters deliver crisp highs and wonderfully balanced mid-range
- Built-in Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX technology lets you enjoy high-quality streaming from the palm of your hand
- Equipped with a built-in phono preamp, YU4 can be easily connected to any vintage or modern day turntable
- Includes a remote to give you full control over your audio
- Each speaker measures 5.5″ W x 7.5″ D x 8.7″ H (14 x 19 x 22 cm)