Clear and rich with bass you can feel. It’s portable but in a luggable kind of way.
I spent in total about 350£ and its totally worth it. My ears had an orgasm first time i played boombox. Upgrading from charge 3 is really a huge upgrade. Everything is jus perfect but 2 minuses. -it smells like raw 1 year old fish-too big to keep it in backpack (that’s why i will keep my charge 3).
The sound that comes out of this is sublime. If you are a bass head looking for a home solution you can simply look no further. Because of the size this will be at its best at home, or out camping (with your car parked close by). Full, warm, not intrusive to the other frequencies. No distortion, no cutting off when loud. Hands down to jbl for the price tag, if that was a harman or a bose or any of the overpriced names it would be double the price and still be a bargain. Do not fall for the supposed hi-end brands, they mainly sell heritage and name.
Key specs for JBL Boombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker:
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming – Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
- High-capacity 20,000mAh rechargeable battery – Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 24 hours of playtime and charges devices via dual USB ports.
- IPX7 waterproof – Take Boom box to the beach or pool without worrying about rain, spills or submersion in water.
- JBL Connect+ – Amplify your listening experience and rock the party by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- Sound mode – Enjoy deeper bass and richer sound in indoor mode; switch to outdoor mode for expansive sound with strong bass and longer playtime.
Comments from buyers
“Incredible but not overwhelming bass., sturdy and well-made, High quality worth its price”
The speaker feels extremely rugged, sturdy and well-made, with good quality materials. Indoors rocks, outdoors it feels like something is missing, although still pretty loud and more than enough (unless you plan to host a party with 50+ people). I took off 1 start because i consider the price to be way out of line and unjustified (i would have never paid £400 for it, i bought it at a temporary 50% discount when it was out of stock, so i only paid £220).
I own both the jbl charge3 and xtreme speakers and when the boombox was released i immediately purchased it. Boombox uses bt+ which can link up with other bt+ devices such as the charge3 but unfortunately due to the firmware in the xtreme v1 it cannot link with the boombox. The boombox is a perfect outdoor party speaker as we have used it several times with excellent results and with its 2 sound scenes (home/outside) the bass is incredible but not over whelming. Battery life is superb and the quality is great. It’s not something you would want to carry around as it’s quite big.
I am currently listening to this thing in my sitting room. It’s better than sonos soundbar and 2 x sonos 1’s. I have hit some of my daughters tunes, uptown girls, cats, bit of air on a g-string. Summer by the pool is going to be amazing. (it’s got an indoor and outdoor function yet to be tested but that’s not going to make much difference this is a seriius but of kit) well worth the money.